Dear GPC National Rep/individual Member
Due to the escalating spread of the Corona Virus resulting in travel restrictions, isolation requirements and the closure of gyms in many countries, the GPC Board in conjunction with Julia & Filip, the Slovakian organisers of the European Championships, have made the decision to cancel/postpone the European Championships scheduled for Trnava at the end of May.
Until such time as this global pandemic is under control and travel restrictions have been lifted, a decision cannot be made by the Board as to whether this event can/will be rescheduled at a later date.
We apologise for the inconvenience & disappointment caused to lifters intending to compete in this event but it has been made for the health and safety of everybody concerned and their families.
GPC European Championships 2020: Report of GPC board
The GPC Board together with the organisers of the European Championships will continue to monitor the situation in relation to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The current intention is that the European Championships will hopefully go ahead in Slovakia at the end of May with the organisers continuing to make arrangements for it. However, nobody knows how the situation with the virus will develop in the interim or what recommendations countries will make to contain it. In view of this we cannot be certain of the viability of the event and we plan to review the situation in 3 weeks.
The GPC Board
Information of GPC Slovakia President